Acorns class runs like an EYFS setting with focussed activities and free flow activities for pupils to choose from.
- Work is carried out on a 1.1 or small group basis (peer work) with an established member of staff.
- There are currently 9 children within the class, one teacher and 1 or 2 teaching assistants.
- Pupils range from 6 years old to 10 years old.
- We have 1 girl and 8 boys within our class.
- Acorns has a range of needs including Communication difficulties (COM), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD)
Classroom information to support learning and communication
- Each pupil has their own personal now and next timetable to support transitions between activities.
- They have a feelings board with symbols of different emotions to show an adult how they are feeling during different times of the school day.
- Pupils have weekly achievement charts were they can earn 3 points for each lesson, these are for; achieving their learning objective, engaging in the lesson and trying their best.
- Weekly newsletters are sent home explaining what pupils have done during the week and their achievements. It also states reminders for the following week.
Pupils have home school diaries which are completed by an adult in the class team daily discussing lesson
which have taken place and any other information parents need to know.