Toggle Point Symbols

Prospective Parents

Advice for parents

School placement enquiries

Does your child have an EHCP?

  • No; you will need to enquire at the child’s school to begin the process of an EHCP. This is something your school SENCO can support with.
  • Yes; during an EHCP review, you can request a school placement change.

As a parent you can request an interim review at any point to discuss your child’s placement. This can be done through your school SENCO or by contacting the local authority SEN support team.

Derbyshire County Council
Special Needs
County Hall
Derbyshire DE4 3AG

Tel: 01629 580000 ext 6539

The only way we accept pupils into the school is through the consultation process, organised by Derbyshire County Council SEN team. As a school we advise the local authority as to whether we can meet the needs of the child; the local authority make the decision as to where the best placement would be for the pupil.

Additional advice can be sought from:

Parent Partnership Service

You can also get advice from Derby and Derbyshire Parent Partnership. The service offers free, confidential  and impartial advice offering help and support to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs.

Visit, email
or call 01246 273154/5 for Derbyshire or 01332 641414 for

Derby city residents.

All parents are welcome to visit the school and have a tour with the Headteacher. if you would like to book a visit, using this LINK please complete the form in as much detail as possible and we will be in contact shortly to book you a visit with the Headteacher.