- Latest News
- Key Info
- About Us
We will continue to update information relating to the Coronavirus as and when its available.
Corona Virus Response: School Closure March 20th 2020
Thank you so much for your patience over the last few days. I am now in a position where I can share with you the offer for your child. I have taken advice from Derbyshire County Council and have formulated an offer based on the school’s current capacity.
The focus of the school closures nationwide is to support social distancing, we need your support in keeping numbers in school as low as possible at this time, the government has asked that ‘parents keep their children at home wherever possible and schools are to remain open for those who absolutely need to attend’. We cannot emphasise enough the need to keep numbers as low as possible in school to help contain the spread of the virus- both outside school and to those in our school population who have complex medical needs. As per the government advice it is safest for all people to remain at home if they can – particularly if they have underlying health conditions.
Though all our children have EHCPs, we are unable to safety meet the needs of all our young people due to low staff ratios. A few children from the categories below will be able to attend school from Monday 23rd March. These families have been contacted by text message today.
- Children of keyworkers (excluding those parents/carers who can work from home, where their children can remain with them)
- Children with named social workers (excluding those with parents/carers that can provide care at home)
- Children who have medical/physical intervention at school and so non-attendance would be detrimental to their health If you have not received communication from school. Your child will remain at home until further notice.
For those children remaining at home we intend to support in the following ways:
- Weekly your class teacher will send home suggestions of activities that you can do with your child. This will be via Marvellous Me
- Your child’s link member of staff will contact you regularly- via phone or email- so if you have any concerns you can feed these backs to school
- We will endeavour to continue to send home the monthly newsletter
- The children’s area on the website will have a links which you may find useful
- Our children’s services team will be on hand to speak to parents/carers on the phone
As government guidance states, please can you ensure that you do everything you possibly can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
We understand that the coming few months are a period of uncertainty for our whole community and very challenging for our pupils. It is important that we keep lines of communication open- through the link members of staff.
If you have received a text message saying that we can accommodate your child at school- but are able to keep you child at home please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs T Turner